Applicants may submit resumes to email@example.com.
Director of Operations
Feed the Need Missions is a non-profit looking to expand its operations. We currently have operations located in central and north Texas and are looking to grow into other regions and states. Our weekly sites are a platform used to feed people physically and spiritually while putting people on mission for Christ and uniting the local church. Although we are currently a small ministry, God has given us a big vision to grow on a national and global scale.
We are looking for a hands-on Director of Operations to help us manage the day-to-day operational needs of our weekly site program, while helping to prepare for national growth. The successful candidate must have exceptional interpersonal skills, be able to work with a wide range of people, and have the ability to motivate and lead a large group of volunteers who are dedicated to the organization’s mission.
The ideal candidate must also have excellent relationship building and communication skills and must be able to formulate operations strategy, improve performance, procure materials and resources and obtain compliance. This job entails mentoring volunteer teams and finding solutions for increasing quality of services and implement consistent best practices across all levels. The ultimate responsibility of this position is to carry out the organization’s mission via our weekly site locations.
Objectives of this Role
- Build and maintain strong relationship with constant communication with management, staff, and volunteers to ensure proper operations of the organization
- Develop, implement, and maintain safety assurance protocols
- Grow the efficiency of existing organizational processes and procedures to enhance and sustain the organization’s internal capacity
- Actively pursue strategic and operational objectives
- Ensure operational activities remain on time and within a defined budget
- Track staff and volunteer resource needs, hiring new employees and recruit volunteers as needed
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities
- Lead by example, demonstrate Feed the Need’s core values
- Communicate and build up the team “all the time”
- Oversee materials and inventory management
- Conduct budget reviews and report cost plans to upper management
- Ensure all operations are carried on in an appropriate, cost-effective way
- Improve operational management systems, processes and best practices
- Purchase materials, plan inventory and oversee warehouse efficiency
- Help the organization’s processes remain legally compliant
- Formulate strategic and operational objectives
- Examine financial data and use them to improve profitability
- Manage budgets and forecasts
- Perform quality controls and monitor production KPIs
- Recruit, train and supervise staff and volunteers
- Find ways to increase quality of customer service
Skills and Qualifications
- Agrees with Feed the Need Missions’ mission, vision, core values, and statement of faith.
- Good people skills – treat people the right way that encourages them to get great results
- Bachelor’s degree in operations management, business administration, or related field
- 2+ years’ proven experience in an operations management position
- Strong budget development and oversight skills
- Excellent ability to delegate responsibilities while maintaining organizational control of operations
- Knowledge of general business software and aptitude to learn new applications; proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Proven work experience as Operations Manager or similar role
- Knowledge of organizational effectiveness and operations management
- Familiarity with business and financial principles
- Excellent communication skills
- Demonstrated leadership ability
- Outstanding organizational skills