Feed the Need Missions’ is a nonprofit ministry that simply feeds people both physically and spiritually. We provide a hot meal on a weekly basis in communities across Texas. This weekly meal allows us to build long-lasting relationships and proclaim the love and message of Christ. We have always strived to love unconditionally. Our ministry was started to serve ALL who come, no matter what. Our hearts want to echo 1 John 4:19, “We love because He first loved us.” We are looking for a new team member who has the same heart!
We are looking for an Office Manager/Bookkeeper to organize and coordinate administration duties and office procedures. Your role is to create and maintain a pleasant work environment while ensuring high levels of organizational effectiveness, and communication. This role works collaboratively with all staff to support the mission of Feed the Need Missions and represent its values when interacting with volunteers and the community. This key role provides support for efficient and smooth day-to-day operations within the organization.
Like all current staff, this individual will support a variety of efforts, therefore, they must be highly organized, detail-oriented, flexible, and have the ability to work independently.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage reception/ front desk duties, answering incoming customer calls, greet visitors and provides exceptional customer service while using critical thinking and problem solving skills to forward calls appropriately.
- Provide ongoing bookkeeping and administrative support to the office, driving organizational success through the management of daily operations.
- Provide onboarding support for the organization including new employee office set-ups, and background checks for both employees and volunteers.
- Oversee donor management record keeping and fundraising including: events, database entry and management including periodic audits to ensure accuracy of the database, donation/ payment handling and acknowledgment correspondence.
- Monitor, manage and maintain office space and supplies, manage repairs or restocking when necessary. Prepare, process, deliver, and pick up mail.
- General administrative duties including drafting communications, managing mailings, preparing reports, and maintaining appropriate filing systems.
- Provide support to the team, including scheduling meetings, phone calls, travel arrangements, and event coordination.
- Prospect research (donors, grants, foundations, sponsors).
- Complete filings to maintain all state charitable registrations.
- Ensure information on websites like GuideStar, Giving Common, and Charity Navigator are accurate and up to date.
- 4-year degree in a related field from an accredited college or university is ideal
- 3-5 years of administrative experience strongly preferred, preferably in development or at a nonprofit organization
- Proficiency in Salesforce and/or similar donor management system required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Google Suites, and QuickBooks required
- Experience bookkeeping, receipt, and payment tracking
- Detail-oriented, strong sensitivity to deadlines, multitasking ability, strong organizational and problem-solving skills required
- Commitment to our mission and beliefs
- Outstanding verbal/written communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, projects, and priorities effectively and professionally
This job description is not intended to be and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of the responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with the position of Office Manager.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $32,000.00 – $48,000.00 per year
Schedule: Monday to Friday, Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
Bastrop, TX 78602: Reliable commute or plan to relocate before starting date preferred