Directions for Cran-Apple Casserole:
- Wash, cut , core and cut the apples into chunks.
- Combine them with cranberries and sugar.
- Put into 9 x 9 or 10 x 10 casserole dish.
- Bake for approximately 20 minutes in preheated 350 degree oven.
- For the topping, combine the melted butter with the oatmeal and flour, stir, add brown sugar, cinnamon, and nuts. Continue to stir.
- Remove the casserole from oven and quickly add topping, cover casserole, and return to oven for another 25 minutes.
This can be used as a side dish at lunch or dinner or for dessert with a dollop of whipped creme. This is even awesome for breakfast. I used to purchase a bunch of bags of fresh cranberries in November and store them in my freezer. Now, cranberries are more readily available year round in the freezer section at the grocery store.