THINGS TO NOTE
- Cleanup should be done after Table Talk, never during.
- Should last no longer than 15 to 20 minutes after the food is handed out.
- The focus should always be on Jesus. Don’t be over theological, keep it simple and make it very clear that Jesus died for us so that we may have eternal life.
- Be sure to let everyone know they too can have Jesus in their life through salvation.
- Don’t be lazy with this time, please pray and prepare so that God may move through you in incredible ways.
- The site coordinator or ministry lead does not have to be the one to facilitate Table Talk, a volunteer, guest speaker, or anyone may lead the discussion as long as the focus is Jesus!
- Make sure to point people to plug into a local church
The Story of the Bible
1 Start with a high level overview of the story of the bible. Plan to play this video and then ask questions and discuss.
2 Challenge everyone to prepare to start reading through the bible. Make sure everyone has a bible or has the bible app on their phone.
- YouVersion is a great tool
- The Read Scripture app is also a great tool and follows the videos we will be going through.
Use these links to help with your understanding of the bible.
Explore the Torah, Part 1
Move into Genesis/Creation, Fall… for the next two weeks.
Genesis & Ancient Cosmic Geography
Plan to play this video and then ask questions and discuss.
- Use these links to help with your understanding of the first part of Genesis 1-11